HH Muller is now a chic international restaurant on the canal in Berlin but this industrial building was once an electricity factory which dates back to 1924 and was built by architect Hans Heinrich Müller. Left derelict for several years, it was finally renovated in 2006. The vast space reaches eight metres high and a second level of seating overlooks the dining area below. The original cage doors, which hang from the walls, help retain the industrial feel and provide an impressive view to diners on the mezzanine floor. The modern interior is slightly tainted by a reoccurring flame motif that can appear a little tacky. Regardless, HH Müller continues to attract a fashion-conscious crowd from the world of media, particularly in summer when the outdoor deck overlooking the water is always full. The international menu produced by the kitchen tends to play it safe with its dishes, which just lack a little imagination.