Zaritsky Artist’s House
Founded in 1945, predating the country’s independence by three years, the Artist’s House was conceived by the Artist’s association as a publicly funded space for education, community activity, and exhibitions. It was posthumously named after the artist Joseph Zaritsky, a central figure in creating an authentic Israeli voice in representational art.
The venue features seven autonomous exhibition spaces whose contents change on a monthly basis, offering a stage for both retrospectives and debuts of local talent. The center caters to various mediums of art, and the exhibited works are usually not thematically or contextually related.
Spanning two buildings and several open spaces, the Artist’s House is a labyrinthine complex that can simultaneously host sculpture classes and free-form jazz performances. The leafy, suburban atmosphere of this North Tel Aviv district is disrupted on a monthly basis when the center hosts its openings. Though quality of the works on display varies, the center is a worthy option when seeking a break from the daytime heat.